HALL OF FAME
2002 - MARY LOW ACUFF, EARL ACUFF, KEVIN ARMBRECHT, MIKE DIMOFF, MILDRED GWINN, JANET MYERS, ED REMEN, PAUL SAPERSTEIN
2003 - JIM DALY, GARL WILES
2004 - SONNY HARMON
2005 - STEVE DAYVAULT
2007 - JAN R. STELMA
2013 - LYNN STEPHENS
2015 - BRUCE BRYANT
2016 - ALAN SHEPPARD
ATHLETES OF THE YEAR
2002 - EDDIE ALBERTY, DEBRA BRYANT
2003 - SHARON WILKS, MITCH WILLIAMS
2004 - MITCH WILLIAMS, DEE STRIBLING
2005 - DEBRA BRYANT, MITCH WILLIAMS
2006 - MIKE YOUNG, HOLLY REMEN
2007 - BRENT WALTERS, DEBRA BRYANT
2008 - STEPHANIE WINFREY, AUSTIN BABB
2009 - DEBRA BRYANT, BRENT WALTERS
2011 - JASON BLEDSOE, DEBRA BRYANT
2012 - JOY MATTOCKS, JONATHAN JUSTICE
2013 - DENNIS MYERS, TRICIA BROWN
2014 - MARY KOVACS, JORDAN MATTHEWS
2015 - BRENT WALTERS, MARY KIRCHOFF
2016 - DEBRA BRYANT, BRENT WALTERS
2017 - BRENT WALTERS, DEBRA BRYANT
2002 - MIKE BOURGEOIS, MEENA EVANS
2003 - ESPERANZA "BOBBI" OATES, BOBBY THORE
2004 - CLAUDE WIGGINS, CECILY SAMUELS
2005 - CHRISTINE NEILL, MIKE YOUNG
2006 - ERIC NEW, MIRIAM GREENE
2007 - HEATHER BRADY, DAVE HIBBARD
2008 - PAUL WELLS, JENNIFER COOK
2009 - SHANE FORREST, DANIELLE HULETT
2011 - TERI KING, HENRY PRINZ
2012 - DONALD THOMPSON JR., CHERIE RAGER
2013 - MARY KIRCHOFF, DANA MERRILL
2014 - JUSTIN CAMPBELL, CLAUDIA SCHRUHL
2015 - MARY KOVACS, DAN MINOR
2016 - MARK PARKER, STACI CATO
2017 - TRICIA BROWN, GERARD CAMARGO
JAN R. STELMA
2002 - JAN R. STELMA
2003 - BRUCE BRYANT
2005 - BOBBY THORE
2006 - CHARLES HAUSER
2007 - LYNN STEPHENS
2008 - ANDREAS WINSTON
2009 - RON FORSTER
2011 - ERIC NEW
2012 - MIKE BOURGEOIS
2013 - JOHN KING
2014 - ERIC NEW
2015 - MARIA SWEDEEN
2016 - DAN MINOR
2017 -CHERRIE RAGER, OLIVER FORD
JUNIOR OF THE YEAR
2004 - RAY WHITE
2005 - TYLER STONE
2006 - JONATHAN JUSTICE
2007 - RYAN INGRAM
2008 - JORDAN MATTHEWS
2009 - JACOB MATTHEWS
2011 - JACOB MATTHEWS
2012 - NOAH GOROSKI
2013 - JACOB MATTHEWS
2014 - NOAH LITTLE
2016 - ELENA DENT
2017 - JONATHAN BOYKIN
CRITERIA FOR STATE AWARDS NOMINATIONS
Nominations for Male and Female NCRA Athlete of the Year award should be an individual who demonstrates great athleticism on the court, generally does well in tournaments of a high level, and exhibits the qualities of an elite athlete.
Nominations for Male and Female NCRA Sportsmanship Award should be an individual who exhibits exemplary sportsmanship qualities. Court demeanor and willingness to further the sport through leadership in playing should be considered.
Nominations for the NCRA Jan R. Stelma Contributor Award should be an individual who has contributed to the sport of racquetball in our State. It should not necessarily be given to the best player, or someone who plays in a lot of tournaments. It should be awarded to the individual who helps promote our sport, truly loves our sport, and helps further the sport in North Carolina.
Nominations for the NCRA Junior of the Year Award should be an individual 18 years or younger that plays competitive racquetball either at the tournament level or the club level, displays a good attitude on and off the court, works hard to develop his/her racquetball game, is in good academic standing and free of any legal issues, and is interested in helping others further their game, either through working with a juniors program, assisting beginning players, or helping a player one on one develop their game. They should receive an endorsement from a mentor, coach, or player who has worked directly with them.
All of the nominations for these awards should come from the general membership and the NCRA Board of Directors. Nominations must be in writing and can be mailed or emailed to the NCRA office or given to any NCRA Board member. All decisions as to who receives the awards each year will be made by the Board in a majority vote.
Hall of Fame Criteria
The objective of the Hall of Fame is to recognize and honor those individuals who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in many areas of the sport. Those areas include, but are not limited to, playing ability, sportsmanship, leadership, growth and development in North Carolina. The award is based upon at least 10 years of consistent excellence in one or more of these areas.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION:
1. Age Requirement: The minimum age for induction will be 35 years as of date of induction.
2. A maximum of two individuals may be inducted in a calendar year.
3. The person must have been involved in racquetball on a State, Regional or National level for a minimum of ten (10) years from the time they either became an AARA, USRA or NCRA member. The person must have maintained their membership during the entire ten (10) years terms. In the case of Special circumstances (death, career-ending injury or illness), a person may still be eligible for nomination even though the ten (10) year rule has not been met. Individual qualifications may only be waived by unanimous consent of the voting Board.
4. Playing accomplishments and sportsmanship at the State, Regional and National levels.
5. Teaching, coaching or innovations.
6. Growth, development and or promotion of the game.
7. Administration/management, working for the good of the game of racquetball.
PROCEDURES FOR NOMINATION:
1. Any current NCRA member may nominate a player via email or in writing
2. The person nominating an individual is required to submit all appropriate documentation. This documentation may include but is not limited to: a resume to include detailed information on the nominee’s career and background; any news/magazine articles; testimonials; pictures etc.
3. A candidate nominated but rejected for three consecutive years may not be nominated again for a minimum of three years.
PLEASE USE THE FORM BELOW TO SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION BY ENTERING THE PERSON'S NAME, THE AWARD YOU ARE NOMINATING THEM FOR, AND A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU THINK THEY SHOULD RECEIVE THIS AWARD.